Arlington Garden was created during the development of the local area between 1840-1860, then known as Victoria Park, by the prolific Bristol developer Joseph Hall.
The garden was originally laid to lawn. The now mature sycamores lining Arlington Villas were original features of it, as was a perimeter path to allow people to walk 'around' the garden as at The Mall Gardens.
After WWII, all maintenance of the garden stopped, apart from sporadic maintenance by local residents. But since 2016, Arlington Garden Association have transformed the garden into a haven, with community gardening once a month.
They have cleared the gardens of rubbish and have pruned shrubs and planted wildflowers, grass and bulbs, and cut back self-seeded larches. They leave log-piles to encourage wildlife. Their hard work has created a tidy, green and welcoming garden.